Friday, 1 May 2009

Dissertation blues

So the deadline came and went and the stress was overwhelming so much so that I had to get a doctors note for an extension on my dissertation. I have to admit that it was partly my own fault as much of it could have been written well before the deadline. However, having said that I have been focused on not getting back to the state I was in at christmas. So now the problem lies not so much in the deadline but in actually motivating myself to work. It should be something that comes naturally especially as I really want to graduate this year, but I am finding myself more and more distracted as time goes on. This blog post is one example of these distractions.

It has made me wonder why I do this and I know that I am not the only one. So why do we procrastinate? I guess that in my case i find it harder to sit and actually write my assignments. I often have the arguement sorted out in my head but actually writing the work out leaces me in a quandry where i cant find the words to type. I suppose it is something not singular to myself but felt by many final year students, but it would be nice if there was a software that would type out the assignment in my head. Maybe that is wishful thinking but hey a girl can dream right...

No comments: